Mountain States Employee Assistance Program
A prepaid benefit for all Mountain States Health Alliance team members enrolled in the MSHA benefits plan. Each eligible team member can receive 12 free counseling and/or medication management visits per year.
All Mountain States Health Alliance team members and their covered dependents (5 years old and up) are eligible to participate in EAP programs. EAP-eligible team members are provided 12 free sessions per fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) and $25 co-payment per session starting on the 13th visit - unlimited until July 1st of the following year. Counseling services are provided at the Johnson City and Kingsport offices; medication management services are provided only in Johnson City. Call the office nearest you for additional information.
EAP: A Cost-Control Effort to Minimize Losses
Employees don't just leave their career problems at work, and people don't just leave pe
rsonal problems behind when they walk into their jobs. Employee problems cost American industries more than $100 billion a year.
It is more cost-effective and easier to offer assistance to troubled employees than it is to replace them. An EAP is a cost-control effort: an expenditure that more than pays for itself.
EAP Offers Comprehensive Services
Employee Assistance consultants will develop the most cost-effective program for your company's individual needs. Comprehensive EAP services include:
- Orientation and promotion of the EAP to management and employees
- Training for management/supervisory personnel on how to effectively utilize the EAP
- Educational seminars
- Leadership and Management Training
- Customized programs to support workplace wellness initiatives
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved concentration and efficiency
- Increased overall wellness of employees
- Reduced lost-time accidents
- Reduced costs for medical benefits
- Retention of valued employees
- Improved employee morale
- Increased productivity
Confidential Services for Employees and Immediate Family Members include:
- Marital/family conflict
- Alcohol/drug abuse
- Financial/legal assistance
Employee and Family Benefits
- Employees feel comfortable in knowing they have the company's support in resolving troubles before they become a major problem.
- Personal problems, if left unattended, may cause job performance problems and may affect the quality of family life.
All contact with an EAP representative is strictly confidential. The Employee Assistance representative may not reveal the identity of those who call or the nature of the problems to Mountain States Health Alliance or anyone else without specific written consent. Mountain States will receive statistical reports from Employee Assistance to evaluate how well the program is working; however, no one's identity will be revealed in these reports.
A safe place for free, confidential counsel and support from professionals who care about you. Call the office nearest you for an individual appointment or to register for a seminar or small group.
If you are unable to reach the EAP office and are in a crisis, please go to the nearest emergency room, dial 911 or call RESPOND at 1-800-366-1132.
In the event of bad weather, the EAP office follows the same schedule as JC City schools.